Don’t simply sign up for flood insurance in Trenton NJ and tuck it away until the tide starts to rise. Know what is and what isn’t covered by your policy in order that you know what kind of protection you’re getting and if you need to take out a special policy to fill in the gaps. So just what is commonly protected under your flood insurance?
Examples of protected personal contents include electronic equipment, window air conditioners, washers/dryers, freezers and the food in them, and carpets that aren’t included in your homeowners policy.
Your flood policy covers your home as well as its foundation, plumbing and electrical systems, refrigerators, ovens, your detached garage and the HVAC system. You’ll also be pleased to know your insurance also takes care of any debris removal you need after the flood waters have subsided.
The most important thing to bear in mind with flood insurance and basements is that your policy has limits when it comes to areas underneath the lowest elevated floor. Besides basements, other areas with limited coverage include crawlspaces beneath an elevated property and “walkout basements. Be sure you talk with your agent about additional coverage for areas underneath your home’s lowest elevated floor.
Sit down with your insurance agent to discuss your flood insurance policy as well as any other policies you have to make sure you’re ready for the flood of contingencies that can befall you and your property.
As a contractor, you face some hazardous work environments. Although it seems like a lot to handle, you can rest easy when you have insurance coverage to soften the blow of a bad situation. What are some scenarios in which insurance for contractors in Clifton, New Jersey might come in handy? The following are just a few:
- Workplace Injury – Your employees are put in some menacing situations. They often work around deep holes, have to use sharp and fast equipment, and are sometimes subjected to a lot of heat during the day. Even when you take every precaution possible, accidents can happen in the workplace. A workplace injury needs the protection and compensation of insurance.
- Broken Equipment – Your equipment and tools do a tough job. While they are made to withstand a lot of pressure, hard materials and a lot of use, they can wear out or break. It can get expensive to replace some of the items you use on a daily basis, but with insurance coverage, you don’t have to sweat the costs.
- Lawsuits – Whether you dug in the wrong place and shut off the neighborhood’s water supply, flung a piece of rebar into the neighbor’s yard and put a hole through the roof, or dumped a load of dirt on someone’s flowerbed, you could get sued. Proper insurance coverage will help you in case you are faced with a lawsuit.
Insurance for contractors in Clifton, New Jersey is an important part of business. If you are a general contractor, make sure you protect your assets with proper coverage.
For business owners large and small, there are many expenses and startup costs involved in operating a business. While business insurance in Clifton New Jersey may seem like an unnecessary or unmanageable expense in the first stages of owning a business, the payoff can be enormous if the coverage is needed. Just like buying insurance for a car or a home, it is hard to predict the events that may occur in the future. Insurance may never be needed, but in the cases in which it is used, it can save business owners a lot of money, time, and even their reputation. There are a range of coverage options available with business insurance in Clifton New Jersey. Depending on the type of business you own, you may want to consider speaking to an agent about some of the following coverage options.
What coverage is Available?
Business insurance coverage covers a spectrum of business types. Some of the business most common businesses insured include:
While these four are some of the most common, other business types can also gain coverage. Coverage policies can be custom made to fit the needs and desires you have for your company. Common coverage options include:
- Crime and Tampering
- General Liability
- Fire, flood, and other natural disasters
- Online Liability
- Builders Risk
- Business Automotive
- Employer Practices Liability
- Errors and Omissions Liability and more
Whatever your company’s needs for insurance coverage, an agent offering business insurance in Clifton New Jersey can help you create your own custom plan.