Two Charged in Bronx Antigay Attacks Were Victims, Indictment Says

Two of the young men initially charged in the October antigay attacks in the Bronx were actually among its victims, according to a 75-count indictment unsealed on Wednesday. Prosecutors had already dropped charges against the two teenagers in the weeks after their arrest.

The indictment said one of the youths was threatened with pliers, while the other was assaulted. No further details were offered. The indictment was reported on Thursday in The New York Post and Daily News.

The 2 were among the 11 arrested in October for what the police said was a series of gang attacks in an abandoned apartment in Morris Heights neighborhood of the Bronx. A total of six, including these two former suspects, were victims of the attacks.

The authorities said the suspects slashed, beat and sodomized a 17-year-old who was trying to become part of the gang after seeing him with a gay 30-year-old man known in the neighborhood.

They later tortured another 17-year-old and beat, burned and whipped the 30-year-old man, before beating and robbing the older man’s 40-year-old brother at his own apartment, the authorities said.

All together, charges against 4 of the 11 initial suspects have been dropped, leaving seven defendants.

Powered by WizardRSS | Best Membership Site Software
Go to Source