Types of Insurance Needed for the Hospitality Industry

Types of Insurance Needed for the Hospitality Industry

Insurance for hospitality industry differs from the kind of insurance that might be needed for other establishments. Restaurants, bars, comedy clubs, entertainment venues, nightclubs and similar places of business need to review their coverage policies to ensure that they are protected against anything that could happen.

General Liability

General liability insurance should be obtained by most companies since it protects the business against any injuries or damages that occur on company property. This includes coverage for personal injury or loss of data.

Assault & Battery Insurance

When you are dealing with the public, you never know what might happen. Whether you own a bar or music venue, a simple misunderstanding between two guests could result in a physical altercation, and that could ultimately lead to a lawsuit against your establishment. You should consider this type of coverage if your place of business serves alcohol, is open late or has live entertainment.

Liquor Liability Insurance

This is a necessity for any place that serves alcohol. If someone ends up drinking too much, then your bar or restaurant could be held liable for any property damage or injuries that occur.

Above all else, it is important to assess every possible action that can happen at your company. Insurance for hospitality industry is there so that you are protected from the unforeseen events. It is always better to be safe than sorry.